There's No Place Like Home...


Well, there's no way to sugarcoat it. I'm homesick. Terribly. I wanna just get in my car and drive home. Now.

I've been here in the Poconos for about 10 years now. We've built a great life here. Built a great home with a heavenly porch. Made great friends. But even after all this time, I cannot bring myself to call this home. Yes of course this is and will continue to be our permanent residence, but home is still a word that's hard for me to call it. It's almost like if I call it home, NY is just part of my past. No no, I'm not ready for that.

But in the meantime, I'm homesick. NY homesick. My family homesick. Good food homesick. My mom homesick. My sisters homesick. Is it Christmas Eve yet so I can go home? :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!