What's on my iPod...revisited

I did a post a while back about some songs I could not live without on my iPod(well, iPhone now, same thing). I was going to make a new list since it's been a while, but as I started thumbing through my playlist, I realized I just had to tell about one artist instead. She's not super well known, and I really think she should be.

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings are out of sight. She has the standard issue background of church singing, backup singing, and in 2001 they finally formed their group. In 2007 their album 100 Days, 100 Nights was released. It's soulful Rhythm and Blues, and man can she sing. I love all kinds of music, but I especially love music of the 50s and 60s. The power in Sharon's voice reminds me of some top ladies of that time.

Watch them here! Check them out, you won't be sorry:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!