Crockpot Recipe of the Day


Chicken Marsala has always been one of my favorite meals. But the all the preparation and steps that need to be taken to make the meal can be a real hassle on a busy weeknight. So last week I decided to try making it in the crockpot. I had no recipe, but I've made regular chicken marsala enough times to know what should be in the pot. Husband was away on a business trip, so my dad and I tried it out. Let me tell you how fantastic it was! Not only was it the heart-warming taste I had hoped for, but the chicken was more tender than when I make it the traditional way. So try this over the winter and let me know how you like it, or how you changed the recipe to make it your own!

Crockpot Chicken Marsala

1- pound chicken cutlets
1- 8oz package mushrooms(I buy pre-sliced, save even more time!)
1- cup marsala wine
2 - tbsp butter
1- cup of flour

Directions:
1. Wet chicken with water, then cover with flour.
2. Spray crockpot with Pam and place in chicken.
3. Melt butter and pour over chicken.
4. Put whole container of mushrooms in pot on top of chicken. Pour marsala wine over all ingredients.
5. Cook on low 4-6 hours depending on thickness of chicken.

Serve with some rice or pasta and a little side salad for a wonderful meal. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. OOoooh! I am so excited to try this. I love marsala so much and with my work schedule I try to use the crockpot at least twice a week. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm trying chicken enchiladas in my crockpot this week. I'll keep ya, posted! ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!