Play That Funky Music Supermarket....


Yes, I love music. Yes, I talk about it too much sometimes. This morning when I woke up I already knew what I was going to write about today(not music!). But later in the day I went to lunch with hubby and younger son and a new topic took over my thoughts. Music in public places!

Sometimes you may not even realize that there's music playing when you're in a store or restaurant. But sometimes, you'll hear it, start to hum without thinking about it, and before you know it you'll be saying 'O MY GOD I used to love this song!!!'  But then, there's those times, especially as you get older, that you'll go into a store and want to get out as fast as you can because the music is too loud or obnoxious. I'm not quite there yet myself, but I've been with my mom on numerous occasions and have witnessed her unraveling and fleeing within seconds, telling me she'll wait out front. I'm sure my day will come too.

I can tell you that I shop at one local supermarket more than others because I LOVE the music they play there. May sound super weird to you, but when food shopping becomes a source of peace and quiet away from the kids, you want it to be as enjoyable as possible. I don't even bring my iPod when I go to that store.

Today's lunch was at Friday's. More than a handful of times either me or hubby bopped along to some great 90s tunes. Gave us something to talk about over lunch and share memories of when the music was current.

I can go on and on about different places and their music. It's something I look for(or I guess listen for) when I shop, almost everywhere I go. Take a listen next time you're out and about and see how the music affects your experience with that business. Probably more than you realize.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.