Hello, my name is Allison, and I snap my gum.


I just read a funny Q&A somewhere asking about gum etiquette and how to tell people it's offensive. Yes, cow chewing is a bit obnoxious, but I wouldn't say offensive. But I'm here to represent the gum snapping, bubble blowing people of the world. I do it, I love it, I make no apologies for it.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm almost always chewing gum. It's in every pocket of every jacket or bag that I own. I have downgraded to sugar free over the last few years, but once in a while splurge for a real piece of Hubba Bubba. I love gum. I love trying new gums. I stand at the checkouts in stores for an extra few minutes just seeing if there's any new gums to try. And sadly, as I'm typing, I just got up to see if there was any gum in the kitchen because it's now stuck in my mind.

Some people bite and chew their nails(gross), twirl their hair, shake their knee, slurp soup, talk on cell phones too loud, and my list can go on and on. Yes, some are just annoying habits, but some are stress relievers. Do you eat when you're stressed out? Yell for no good reason? Well, I snap my gum. And not only do I do I use the gum as my stress reliever, it also helps me to not eat when I shouldn't, and it helps me when I'm thinking something through. I don't know how I'd cope some days without having gum. It's my drug of choice. It keeps me sane.

So the next time someone is snapping gum and pissing you off, try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are just having a really crap day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!