5 Random Songs on my Ipod Shuffle
I love music as much as I love my children. So here's a few choice songs I've been listening to lately. If you haven't heard or downloaded them yet, get to it!


1. "Tears Dry on Their Own" - Amy Winehouse
I'll be the first to admit how much I disliked her when I first heard about her/saw her. But as time went on, she really grew on me. The sultry, deep tones of her voice, the bad ass girl feel of her songs, I enjoy them all. This song is one of my favorites, and there is even a remix version that is pretty cool.


2. "Stronger" - Kanye West
Here's another artist I never thought I'd be listening to, and now I find myself gravitating towards his music. This song in particular. Not the best lyrical message, but man what a great jam for the gym.


3. "Ring of Fire" - Johnny Cash
A bit out of the ordinary, but not for me! I do enjoy Johnny Cash, but I really enjoy this song because of it's sing-ability(yup, made that up). Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm just a girl in the world searching for a karaoke bar that will allow me to belt this out at my worst. Someday...someday...


4. "Hate Me" - Blue October
I don't think Blue October gets enough credit, their songs are great. This one is a song that unfortunately makes me always think of my sister. Not for my hate of her of course, but the message it conveys sadly mirrors her life these days. It is a great song in general, but I feel I can really connect to this one personally. The lyrics are a bit tough to swallow:

'Till I saw your blue eyes cry and I held your face in my hands / And then I fell down yelling "make it go away" just make a smile / Come back and shine just like it used to be / And then she whispered "How could you did this to me?" :(


5. "Hey Ya" - Outkast
Who doesn't have this on their portable music player or in their car? Heck, I even have it as a ringtone! You have no musical soul if you can honestly say you hear this song and don't start instantly moving, grooving, and shaking your ass. Just physically impossible to sit still through this one!

Comments

  1. I can't believe I don't have "Hey Ya" in my iPod. I have to say I don't know where my iPod is at this moment. I think it's in a purse I was using a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real...I think Hey Ya may be the best song ever written. I can't not dance to it! Ha ha.

    Shake it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!