Calgon take me away!


Kids are screaming, phone is ringing. FedEx guy is ringing the doorbell, dinner is bubbling over. Homework isn't done, laundry isn't folded, kids need a bath. Typical evening to any mom!

When I have a day like that, I already know ahead of time there's no escaping it. Just keep moving, don't stop think or get upset. But every once in a while I just stop in my tracks and close my eyes. I picture my favorite spot in the world to be. It's quiet, it's beautiful, and most importantly, in my mind it's kid-free.

Cape Cod was my home away from home every summer until I got married. Sometimes I'd only get to stay for a weekend, but once in a while grandma would decide we could stay for a few weeks. The beach was a few blocks from the house. I have more memories of being there than I can even describe, and even though I don't get to visit there much anymore, I still think of it often. Sitting on the huge rocks, just watching the water and thinking of nothing is where I daydream to.

What place does your mind wander to when you need to escape a hectic day?


Comments

  1. That is actually a good question...I don't think my mind wanders to a place ...I've never really noticed it...I guess when I day dream I think of situations or just random happy events/things...I tend to reflect a lot so I guess I'll reflect on the situation and go off on some sort of tangent in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just described every single day of my life! I haven't worked out my 'happy place' - probably because I haven't found time to think of one yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Davina, the past, the happy moments God has given me! I cherish them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!