A Tour of My House...

....dollhouse that is! I got this house over 10 years ago in hopes to make it for a future little girl I'd have. Slowly I started putting the foundation together, reading 50 pages of directions, calling the company for extra pieces and help, and eventually after a few months, packing it away. Then when we moved to PA, I had the itch to have kids, and again started working on it. Each piece came unfinished, and had to be sanded and painted. I'd like to share my progress with you so far...



Look at that gorgeous roof. Each shingle was sanded, stained, cut, and glued. I can't even count the amount of hours this took me, but I am beyond proud of it, and it's my favorite part of the whole house.




The decking gave me many headaches and had me cursing like a truckdriver. Each spindle had to be just right and standing at a perfect angle for it to all come together as wonderfully as it did. The house has a wrap around porch on the first and second floor.


The exterior of the house is painted. Of course when I first painted the siding and trim, my dream was a yellow house with green accents. As I've gotten older and now live where everything is natural colors, I would probably change that, but not until the rest of the house is done.

Stay tuned for a tour of the inside of my home, where I am currently doing a popcorn ceiling in my living room, basemolding in my dining room, and I'm considering laying tile in the bathroom. A time consuming and costly hobby, but it's so great to have a beautiful finished product!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.