Not So Perfect Brownies:(

I’ve wanted one of those fancy new brownie pans since the first time I saw the commercial. You know the one, put in the insert, pop out awesome pre-cut brownies, no muss no fuss. My mom got one for me for Christmas, and my sisters each got one too. This morning at 6am I woke up and the first thing I said as I stretched was ‘I’m making brownies now!’


I don’t have the as seen on television one, I have this one  Same difference, right? $19.99 and if you have a 20% off bed bath coupon it’s a mere $16!


Washed the pan, mixed the brownie batter. I didn’t take a picture of the first part, but the bottom is just a regular brownie pan that has a big hole in the middle. Then you lay the insert with handles in there and spray with Pam. I’d prefer to use butter, but since it said ‘non stick cooking spray’ I followed the directions. 
 

After I poured the batter in I couldn’t imagine how it wouldn’t leak down and around the insert, but I kept my faith and continued on. I put the perfect slice insert in, which creates 12 brownies and has little handles to pull up when done.

Cooked the brownies regular amount of time, actually about 2 minutes less than box. They must cool completely before popping them out. They looked fine when done, but when I tried to pull out the insert it was completely stuck. I did spray it, but I’m guessing not nearly enough. Took a lot of fighting with a knife to get them unstuck and to pull out the insert. Once that was done it was quite easy to get the whole batch lifted from the pan.



Unfortunately, even though I cooked them less than they were supposed to be, the edges came out rock hard and the taste was even weird. We all know I’m a mad baker, so it’s not my fault on the taste end. They wound up getting picked over and eventually thrown out.


I will try the pan one more time, and spray the hell out of it, maybe even use butter next time. I will cook them for a bit less time, and stay optimistic. But for now I have mixed reviews and am quite happy using my regular baking pan.





Comments

  1. That's a disappointment. I thought that looked like an awesome little pan. I love me some brownies. Yum.

    I wasn't even up at 6am. I sit here in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first review, I've read about the Perfect Brownies pan. My wife doesn't like the idea behind the pan. She says "You'll never get a nice gooy middle piece without edges!" Looks like she was right. Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.