A Snowbunny I am Not.


It starts snowing here in the Poconos around Halloween. This year we've been lucky and haven't been hit too bad. But right around this time each year, I get the same feeling... Ugh, it's snowing AGAIN? You wake up each morning, try to put your best foot forward and make it a great day. Then you peek out the window, and it's all over. Good grief. I have to go shovel for the dog(her legs are too short!). Gotta bundle the kids again. Do we have a delay? These silly things flood my mind before I even get to the coffeepot. All because of stupid snow.

Then there's the realization at this time each year, that we still have about 10-11 weeks left of winter. That time is greater than or equal to the amount of time it will be until I go home for a weekend to visit family and friends. All because of the stupid snow.

I don't like to say I have the Winter Blues, but I guess I do. I want spring. I want it bad. I want to have my new Japanese Maple tree planted and enjoy sipping coffee on my rocker and looking at it. I want to take the kids to the park. I want to walk up and down Main Street in a little town I love here. I want to go to HersheyPark. I want to go home. I want the winter gone.

So here's my plea Winter. You are very pretty from inside, I'm sure you make some people happy with the skiing and fishing and stuff. But this girl needs some warm sun and a light breeze. I know you plan on sticking around a bit longer, but don't overdo it, and don't outstay your welcome:)

Comments

  1. I'm with ya, sista. By mid-February I'm pulling my hair out. By the beginning of March, I'm ready to try pagan rituals to bring the sun forth. Every year I breath a tremendous sigh of relief when I see the first mama Robin and she lets me know the winter is almost over!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.