BC Day 7: Your favorite movie.

Can I just start with saying holy cannoli, how can it be the 7th day already? Time is going way too fast!

My favorite movie. It's like picking a favorite song....how does one choose just one? There are so many I can watch over and over (Grease, Walk the Line, Moulin Rouge). I think half of my friends will tell you my favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. The other half will tell you it's definitely Goodfellas. They are both huge contenders, no doubt, but after the millionth view, they've each lost a bit of their luster. Then I was going to say You've Got Mail, because I truly, truly love it. But I'm going with one a bit off the charts. You may not have heard of it or seen it, but hopefully you have.


David Duchovny plays a grieving widower trying out his dating skills, and he of course falls for Minnie Driver. The emotion throughout the movie is heartfelt, I love the soundtrack, and I love the cast. Minnie's dad is played by Carroll O'Connor, and he and his buddies remind me of my grandpa. 

I have nothing negative to say about this movie. Sure, it's a bit corny to some, too lovey and silly, but I love it. I cry every time I watch it, I smile every time I watch it, and I can still watch it all the way through without being bored and fast forwarding. All of those thoughts and more, put Return to Me at the top of my list. For today at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!