BC Day 13: Goals.

This is a tough one for me. I feel like most of the goals I've set for myself over the years have been reached. I did the college/grad school thing, I have a career doing what I love, I have two awesome kids, and a beautiful home to call my own. So for right now, I'd like to just continue doing what I'm doing, be more successful at my job, and continue to raise kind, strong-willed boys.

I talk to my students all the time about short and long term goals. Even though some of them are 17 or 18 years old, they just can't deal with long term goals. It's too much pressure. It's too far away. It seems unrealistic. So we focus on the short term, more accessible goals. The ones that they can reach and succeed at. Sounds like an easy plan for some of us grown-ups too!

I just sat here and tried to think for a few minutes of what other goals I'd like to have or set for myself. I can't really think of any. Perhaps that's a good thing, a sign that I'm finally content? Or does it say that I don't want to keep striving for more? That would be that furthest thing from the truth. I think my problem is that I just can't think far enough ahead these days to even have a goal.

Today I'll just have the goal of finishing my quiet coffee and having a lovely day with the boys. It's a start, right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!