BC Day 22: What's in your purse?

The question should ask, 'what's NOT in your purse?' I feel like I'm on my way to the Let's Make a Deal game show, at the end where Monty Hall says, "I'll give you $100 if you have a hard boiled egg in your purse." Or whatever he might choose.

When you're a new mom, you have diaper bag overload. C'mon ladies, you remember. You had everything under the sun in there, and if I remember correctly, I had a list in one of my baby books of what you should have in there! Diapers, wipes, food, drink, the staples. But then you had money, medicine, bandaids, clothes, toys, etc. I giggle to myself when I see younger moms with the bags now, knowing you never use most of the 'just in case' stuff you pack!

Why am I talking about diaper bags? Well, I'm going to let you in on a secret here. I, Mama, have not always been a handbag nutjob. Before kids and being required to go out with some sort of bag, I actually NEVER carried a purse. Gasp! Ack! True stuff. I had back pockets or just a wallet, so why bother with a whole bag? Nowadays though, well, we all know I have a few too many bags living in my closet. The hard part of having so many, is the stuff inside.

I try to always have the staples. Wallet, chapstick, gum. Kids add pens, bandaids, and mini games. Glasses, cell phone, more gum. That's about it actually! It might not sound like too  much, and it wouldn't be if my wallet wasn't so darn heavy! The less I choose to carry, the less I have to transfer every few days when I change bags :) I've been using a big silver Cole Haan hobo bag for almost the whole summer though, go me! The silver goes with almost everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.