BC Day 5: A song to match your mood today.

I find this to be a difficult post. I live for music, and think it's crazy for me to have to pick just one song. I'd consider today's mood optimistic(yes, you read correctly!). A few Cake songs, Chris Cornell, and Weezer were top contenders. But I've chosen a song a bit off the beaten path. One that has that soulful 60s sound I love so much, a colorful video, and I just love some of the lyrics. Paloma Faith, Upside Down:

♫ Angels watching over me with smiles upon their face/ Cause I have made it through this far in an unforgiving place/ It feels sometimes this hill's too steep for a girl like me to climb/ But I must knock those thoughts right down I'll do it in my own time.♫

There's plenty of days for me that feel like I'm slowly walking uphill. All. Day. Long. Every day brings it's new challenges for me, but I'm learning to be ok with it, and face it all head on. And if I'm not living the way someone else wants me or expects me to live, well that's just tough crap. I see things differently than others. And as Paloma Faith says, ♫"I'm not a fool, I'm just upside down."♫

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.