BC Day 24: Something you've learned.

In the words of one of the wisest book characters I've ever been fond of...
"There comes a time in every one's life when we must decide between what is right and what is easy, and what is easy is not always right." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Sure, I've learned tons throughout my life, both in and out of school. But I feel more and more these days, that you really don't learn anything until you are at least 30. You think you are learning, or sometimes already know everything, but looking back on my 20s, I can say pretty confidently that I didn't know shit about life. Career wise I knew how to do my job well(don't worry my all grown up students that I know read this lol), but as far as the meat and potatoes content of life goes, I was clueless. 

Now, as I've jump-started my life this past year, I've come to find out that it's the hard decisions that truly make a difference in life. The ones that you know will make a huge impact, in both positive and negative ways. To have the bravery to not only make those decisions, but see them through is an amazing quality that I really believe comes with age. Wisdom. Courage.

For a long time I wasn't sure I was capable of making big decisions, and would constantly back-burner them. But now, I follow as Dumbledore says, and even though my choices might not be easy ones, they may in the long one be just what I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!