Sick? What's that?

My boys are 5 & 7 years old, and very close to 6 & 8, yikes! I'm definitely not the most knowing mom, but I feel pretty confident in my momming abilities, and my know-how in situations that unexpectedly show up. Except one. Sick kids.

Just last year my 7 year old got a fever. The first fever he's had since he was a baby. And what did Mama do? Panic of course. Why does he have a fever? What is one to do for that? Then there was the time about 2 years ago my younger one kept puking. How do I stop that from happening again?!? It sounds ridiculous, I am well aware of that. But I have been unbelievably fortunate in having children that do not get sick. Ever. Am I jinxing myself just by writing this? My guess is hells yeah!

My bestie has kids that used to always be sick. Not sure if it was just crap luck or daycare germs. My younger one went to a daycare, and there could be kids vomiting all around him, and nada. My older one had swine flu run through the school last year and there was a TON of kids out. Not him. What amazing immune systems they have!

I'm pretty sure they are just carriers. I tend to get sick more than them, so my guess is they just bring Mama home the germs. My older one is home sick right now, and it breaks my heart to see such a rambunctious boy in a ball of mush. Maybe if they were sick more often I'd be less effected by it. Today I feel bad for him, but I'm happy to have him home, cuddled up me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!