If You Have a Bad [hair] Day...

I love my sunglasses. They are pretty and dark and big. I take them everywhere I go. I have some cheap backup pairs, but I love these most of all. 

This morning I went to take the boys to school with my hair all a flutter. When not straightened, I have big hair. I didn't stress big enough there. BIG hair. It's wavy and wild and all over. Fun, but not when you try to look presentable. No time to straighten, too squirrely to pull back, couldn't find a good hat, so I just left it in it's natural, crazy state. Good thing I live in a place where people don't care all that much.

When we were almost to school I took a peek in the rear view and just could not bear to get out of the car looking like that. I looked all over the car for a quick fix, and aha! My sunglasses. Sure, it's raining out, but maybe there's a glare that I needed them for. I brushed my hair off my face, then put my sunglasses on top of my head. Viola. Tossed hair is now tamed. And cute.

I read a few articles about people's dislike for sunglasses in hair when not in use. A fashion no-no if there's no sun and you are indoors. Hmm, I don't recall asking for an opinion. I looked up sunglass headbands, with the quick thought of what a great thing that would be. All I found was the headbands from my younger years, and I know I had a hot pink pair and probably purple.
Sunglasses should be accepted as a hair accessory. Who's to say they can't be? Almost every gal I know uses them during the summer, and we all know they do a damn good job. Why is that? What makes them better than a headband(which I never wear) or just a simple ponytail? I'll never know, and really I don't care. I shall continue to fancy up my hair with my sunglasses. Better yet, I might just buy a few extra colorful pairs this year to coordinate with my outfits :)

Comments

  1. Its probably up there on the fashion no no list with scrunchies, but who cares!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!