My Hershey Park Life.

Hershey Park. My favorite place on earth. Usually I think happy, fun things about the park. But today is a bit different. I'm feeling unsettled right now. No idea why. Very unsettled. In fact, so unsettled that I just wrote an entire post, just to delete it. That sounds more like uncertainty than unsettled, but nonetheless.

So many people say life is like a roller coaster. Super Dooper Looper, Great Bear, even the simple Trailblazer. They all have their ups and downs. Sure, I understand that, but right now I'm thinking of other rides in Hershey my life is like.

 Frontier Flyers: Around and around, no end in site, just a constant motion.  Leaves you with a crappy feeling, a headache, and me personally, the pukes,  as you swing back and forth.


Lightning Racers: A dueling wooden coaster of sorts, two tracks, which coaster do you choose? You try to take the right path, but are never sure it's right. Reminds me there's always the need to compete against others, do better than them, accomplish more.


 Carousel: A beautiful ride, though a bit mundane and predictable. Actually it's the brass ring concept of the carousel, that I was thinking of. That feeling of continually trying to reach that goal, and continually being disappointed.(no brass ring on the Hershey carousel though!)


 Skyview: These little pods hang by a wire and transport you across the park. Feels like you're looking down on life, seeing all the places you've been, things you've done, mistakes you've made.


 Wildmouse: A simple looking 'coaster' from the ground, but once you get on, you can't help screaming your way through. Just when you think everything is ok, and life feels like it's settling, you're suddenly whipped around another dangerous curve.


These days, I wish my life was more like the good ol' Monorail. It's calm, it's quiet, it's slow paced. It takes in all the beauty in and around the park, and leaves riders relaxed and ready to take on the rest of the park. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!