Did Someone Say Pie?

I've said it before, and I'll say again. I heart gum. My favorite flavor has been discontinued, and is becoming more and more difficult to find. And while I do enjoy trying new flavors just for the heck of it, what I'm really doing these days is trying sadly to find a replacement for my favoritest. And I am here today to tell you that I have found a front runner.

Extra gum has pleased me over the years. Their motto of lasting an extra, extra, extra long time does ring true....with some of their flavors. Up until now I've only enjoyed the original bubble gum flavor. The new Dessert Delights lineup has intrigued me. I tried a few, and wasn't impressed. But now....well....now I'm hooked.

Key Lime Pie flavor is like a scene straight out of Wonka with Violet trying the new gum. You can actually taste all the components of the pie. It starts with the smell when you unwrap the package, straight up lime. Then when you first start to chew it, you get a creamy lime taste, almost like a bite of pie with some of the cream topping. That stays with you for a bit, with a hint of what seems like vanilla, then suddenly, and strangely, you get a pang of pie crust. Wha? Did I seriously just taste pie crust? Yes, yes I did. It's not something you can fully understand until you try it. The taste cycle goes on for quite a while, then the gum just smooths out to a nice, even, delicious flavor.

So as a true gum addict, this one gets my chew of approval!

Comments

  1. I. must. try. this. now!

    Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!