Cough, Hack, Wheeze, Repeat.

Disclaimer: Mama is not a hypochondriac. She has gone to the Dr for specific reasons too many times over the last few years, but does not run to their offices for the little things in life. No kiddie germs keep her down.

With that said, when you have two young children in two separate schools, chances are many different types of germs are brought home throughout a school year. For the most part my boys hardly get sick, but they do bring home enough to share with the grownups around them. Never have I felt it more than this year. I usually skim by with one cold in the winter and I'm good to go. But this year? Well it's oh so different. Want to know why? Simple. Mama has no f'n health insurance.

Health insurance is something I've never ever been without. I went from college straight to a full time job and always had it. But with life changes this year came a cancellation of my insurance. As soon as that happened it was all downhill. I'm pretty sure I've been sick ever since. Ear aches, migraines, no sleep, and I'm 99.9% sure I have walking pneumonia. Currently I have  the neatest wheezing cough and the worst sore throat I've had in years.

Sure most of these things are not even something a doctor can do much for, but it's just one of those things where you wish you could pop in and at least grab an antibiotic if nothing else. But for now I'm held hostage by Dayquil/Nyquil and cough drops. Awesome.

So next time you want to call and bitch to your healthcare company about a bill or lack of providers, instead take a moment to be grateful that you have insurance:)

Comments

  1. Ugh! Isn't that always the way. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!