To bunk or not to bunk? That is the question.....


My boys are now 6 and 8 years old. With these ages comes a healthy dose of attitude, back talk, and lack of respect. I think being a single mom makes that an even trickier situation for me. Not only do they not act kindly towards me, but towards each other. Even as I'm typing this, they are upstairs fighting about one playing music and the other one not wanting to hear it. Pick and choose your battles boys!

Over the last few weeks I've been contemplating putting them in one bedroom. My older one has a bedroom that is bigger than mine, and even has 2 closets. I could make the younger's room a playroom, so that would mean no crowding in the big room as well. So win/win as far as any space issues go.

But of course it's not all about aesthetics(even though yay I'd get to decorate a play room!). I'm hoping to force encourage a sense of respect between the brothers.  Maybe, just maybe they can learn to cooperate? Play nicely? Agree to disagree? 

I'm almost certain this change is going to happen here this week, whether they like the idea or not. But I need to know....What kind of experience do you have with putting your kids in one room? Or did you share a room with siblings? I'd love to hear about it, the good and the bad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!