I'm just fine.


Over the last year and a half I have learned more than I ever imagined I could. Just when I feel stuck and cannot do something, I realize that some things are not an option and just must be done. The only difference now being divorced, is that I have to(or at least should) do them myself. Here’s a few ideas that come to mind of what I’ve come to learn, love, and appreciate during this period of time.

  • Having flip flops on all the time makes killing bugs a cinch.
  • Mowing the lawn might seem like a big chore, but really it’s quiet time when you can’t hear the kids fighting.
  • Extra sleep is essential.
  • How to cook a portion for one.
  • Having a messy house once in a while is ok, raising boys is messy sometimes.
  • I am a good mother.
  • How to really PLAY with my boys.
  • Doing all chores myself is way easier than having to ask someone for help multiple times.
  • My boys come first. All day. Every day.
  • A pretty pink toolbox can solve a lot of household problems.
  • How to laugh until my stomach hurts and tears are running down my face. I forgot how to do that.
  • Holidays are important to the kids, so they need to be important to me again.
  • Communication is key.
  • Some things just aren’t worth fighting over. Pick and choose your battles.
  • With that, teach the boys to pick and choose their battles with each other.
  • I enjoy not sharing the tv remote.
  • Moms need time-outs too.

And above all else, put one foot in front of the other. I still have my hard days, my sad days, my stressful days. But taking a step each day, whether big or small, will lead me to the happy life the boys and I deserve.

Comments

  1. I've said before, and I'll say it again. I love you, and I'm so proud to be considered your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!