Get in line!

I have been asked more times than I can count over the years, "but how did you know your son has autism?" It's a loaded question, and has a long list of answers. Some are the expected answers from the time
of his diagnosis: he doesn't talk, doesn't look anyone in the eye, flaps his hands. But over time you continue to notice other characteristics. One for me was the way he lines up objects. The first time I thought it was a typical behavior, and cute. Then after a few I realized it was more than that.

As different as it may be, I always found it to be one of the more interesting behaviors he has and never understood it. But I immediately decided that I would take pictures whenever I could, and always thought about creating a visual diary. Either way, I thought I'd share some of my more favorite pictures. Neat, huh?





Comments

  1. That is really interesting. Love the pictures and I really appreciate his need to put things in line. Nice job with this visual diary. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!