Yup, Go Ahead, Call Me a Dork.

Hmmm, not really sure how to start this post. It's a tad super nerdy, and some of you won't believe it. Some of you cringe at the thought of having to do it, never want to see it again once out of school, and certainly don't want to help your kids with it. But that's why there's people like me in the world!

I love math! I love numbers! I love everything that can be done just by using numbers. I love solving logic puzzles, word problems, quadratic equations, and everything in between. I took every math class available at college at the time, and probably should have gotten my Master's in math instead of reading, but oh well.

Most importantly these days, I love being able to share my love of math with the kids at school Sure some of them 'like' math, but to really love it, they have to have a reason to love it. By using some awesome projects with things they are interested in, they realize that it's not the suckiest subject, they can excel in it, and even though it's nerdy it's fun!

Just wanted to share. Like my title some of you may call me a dork. Actually some of you have already called me a dork somewhere over the years(yea, you know who you are). Hi, my name is Mama, and I'm a math nerd. A darn tootin' proud math nerd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!