Little League Mama?

My oldest decided this spring that he's finally ready to try out a sport. Not the most athletic child in the world, but was willing to give it a go. Got the flyer for little league sign-ups, and he immediately said yes. Hooray! Mama is ready!

I always knew I wanted my boys to play baseball. Not soccer, not basketball, definitely not football(thanks to watching my nephew get hurt too often!) But baseball, the all-American boy sport, yea, that's the one for us.
 
We've had a handful of practices and a few games. While he is one of the youngest on the team, and adjusting to all the new rules/friends/etc, he's truly enjoying himself. Sure, he strikes out and picks flowers in the outfield like every other 6 year old does when they start. But he's making new friends, enjoying something new, and getting fresh air! Good deal all around.
 
I look forward to the rest of our baseball season, and hopefully many years to come of baseball. If they don't want to play, I guess that's fine. I'll just have to go find a girls' softball team to coach to get my fill:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.