Amazing Long Term Memory Backfires on Mama

My older son has a memory like I've never seen. 'Hey Ma, remember that time when I was two...' or 'Two summers ago when I went for that walk....' are really common sentences for him. Today's was fun too, 'I remember the first time I ate a turkey sandwich. It was March 5th last year.' Myea, ok! Anyway, digressing. A sentence I said to him when he was 3(and probably just to get him to zip his lip!) was: "yes Chris, when you turn 7 I will let you get a fish." Well my friends, that time has come, and the boy with the memory is cashing in.

I'm trying to convince him how silly it would be to have a fish. We have a great dog, we didn't do well with the guinea pig, and ultimately it will be my responsibility. But I PROMISED. Grrr, it's all on me. Then I tried to get him to go for a hermit crab instead. I figured a bit less cleaning, and more portable if we go out of town. Please correct me if I'm wrong with that thought!

Anyway, now either way I owe him one of these fine short-living pets in a little more than a month. Oh, and the icing on the cake? His little brother assumes that he gets one too, since his birthday is just 2 weeks before. Swell, not only do I get one new unwanted pet, I get two!

Comments

  1. Ah, it's no big deal. Especially if you get one of those beta fish like you have pictured. Small bowl, no filter required, pretty hardy. Just be sure that if you DO end up with two of them, and they're beta fish, don't put them in the same bowl. They'll eat each other! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!