Pretty Up for Summer!!

Summer is just around the corner, and it’s time to find those products that will help us look our best without emptying our wallets! I’d like to take a minute now to share with you some of my favorite spring/summer girly products that will keep you looking fresh and fun this season!

I've always used Suave shampoos. I like the one that is 'if you like Biolage try me', and I love their 2 in1 shampoo/conditioner for those hurried mornings. But this new line is wonderful. Wonderful like $20 shampoo at only $2ish a bottle. This specific one is Shea Butter and Almond, and leaves your hair soft, smooth, and shiny. Not to mention it smells awesome, and really is great for after a day at the beach or tanning.  Available at most drug stores/walmart/target.

Mascara as all of us ladies know is a tricky, tricky buy. You study the brushes, the colors. Do I want plump?  How about some volume? Length? Conditioning? Ugh, just make my lashes look like that magazine picture! There's one other I use, but for summer I'm sticking with my most recent purchast of Bad Gal Lash. It's got a great, thick brush, goes on clump-free, and is a perfect balance of lengthening, thickening, and prettying. Available at Sephora.

Avon sucks you in any time you look at their current catalog. I do enjoy a handful of their products, but one thing I consistently purchase is the lip conditioner. It's like a step up from chapstick. Goes on smooth, doesn't taste, leaves a light, barely noticeable coloring to your lips, and most importantly leaves them kissably soft for those fun summer nights. Available through catalog or online, and usually on sale!


I have some thick/wavy/frizzy hair upon this head. Most days I can straighten it, but for those hot and humid days where it just won't cooperate, a great product is Garnier Nutrisse Wonder Waves. It's not quite as thick as a spray gel, but somehow when scrunched into damp hair, it creates lovely, defined waves, and best of all leaves me frizz free. Great for an evening out with a natural look. Available at any drug store.


I'm a big sucker for hair accessories. Who isn't? My favorite line is the Scunci No-Slip Grip items. I love the headbands, octopus clips, and most recently these new bobby pins. Not only are they no-slip, but you know that nub on the end of a bobby pin? The ones on these are attached, so they don't fall off and scratch your head. After scrunching your hair into beautiful waves, pull a few pieces back with some of these! Available at any drug store.

To top of my summer recommendations I'm going to go for the icing on the cake. Perfume is not a necessity of summer, especially around here when it is attracting bugs! But when getting ready for a fun night out, I love Escada Tropical Punch. Sadly, it was discontinued. I'm at the very bottom of a bottle I've had for a long time. It's made from a yummy blend of summer fruits and flowers. Escada does make a few similar flavors now, but they are just not the same. It's still available some places online.

So what are you waiting for? Run over to CVS(or your store of choice!) and get some of these great products. Let me know if you try and love any of them!

Comments

  1. I am all about that shampoo. I'm a Pantene girl, but I'm also all for saving $$. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Courtney...I have always been a Pantene girl
    but I love this Suave...I guess we go for the
    economical choice as we get older!! And I
    love the Scrunchie line too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!