My 35th Year on This Planet Starts Today.

I'm not one to care about the age number, but I always tend to think about accomplishments on my birthday. What has happened between my last birthday and now, and what's to come in the next 364 days. I won't bore you with all that, but I'm hoping the upcoming year is better than my last.

I also think the older we get, the more sentimental we become on birthdays. My boys gave me a simple Happy Birthday Mom card today, and I cried. Yup, wasn't sappy or anything, but nonetheless I cried. Just the feeling of them being old enough to acknowledge my day, my older son being able to sign the card neatly, and them singing HB pushes me right over the edge. I guess it's another indicator that I'm getting older if they're getting older.

My hair gets grey much quicker these days, I'm more forgetful, my eyesight is quite sucky, and I couldn't even tell you what I had for breakfast today. Should I apply for social security and go eat lunch at the senior center too?

Yes, yes, many of you will say... 34? Crap, you're still so young! I'm well aware of that, but of course in the moment it doesn't always feel that way. I'm much healthier than I was last year at this time, so I feel younger which is nice. It just seems to go by way to quick some days. My dad has always said, 'Don't wish it away. It will only make things go faster, so just slow down and enjoy.'

For today I just want to have dinner with my boys and give myself a mani/pedi this evening. Nice, quiet, simple. I won't wish my next 364 away. I have too much to accomplish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!