A Gardener I am Not.....Yet.....

I've been told many times over the years that I have a black thumb. Yes, black. Green thumb = good, black thumb = pretty bad. I can't even keep a cactus alive sadly. Oh should I water it? Did I water it a few days ago? Not really rocket science, but not really my strongest hobby choice in life to date.

However, over the last few years I've tried growing herbs on the front porch. Sounds easy enough. And some have been. Some have died before they even really got going, but a few I've been able to keep going through the summer. Tomatoes last year were yummy but I think I got 4 in total, and that was way too much effort for such little result for me. But the herbs I use to cook, and am beyond proud of myself when they actually grow! This year I'm hoping to do the same, and possibly add a few new things to my crappy-gardener-but-would-really-like-to-try-again list.

Basil, parsley, oregano, mint, and lemongrass are all on my short list. Let me know if you can think of any other easy and useful herbs I can try out this year. I'd like to write updates of my growing season and see if I can get some tips for better success this summer. I'm not brave enough for a real vegetable garden of any sort, but it's definitely on my list of things to do someday.

I also saw this on the news a few weeks ago, and am thinking of giving it a try. It's a strawberry pot filled with a variety of herbs. Looks very pretty and functional to keep near the bbq. Hmm....nah....baby steps.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!