A Kid Worthy Snack? Maybe...

If you already know my boys, you know they don't like too many foods. They'd eat the same two dinners every other night and be completely happy. But there's a snack I used to make all the time that I'm thinking of whipping up this weekend. It's super easy, and since one of them does like chinese food, and the other likes pasta, it may be a taker. I don't have a recipe, and it doesn't really have a name, but here goes:

Quick and Crunchy Oriental Tortellini
1 bag of meat tortellini
soy sauce
(yup, that's it!)

Directions:
1. Cook the tortellini according to package. Drain and put in a bowl or a tupperware.
2. Coat the tortellini with soy sauce to 'marinate'. You could also add some other flavorings if you'd like, maybe garlic, ginger, etc. Refrigerate for a few hours minimum.
3. Once they've soaked in the flavor, preheat your oven, maybe 325-350 degree. Line cookie sheet with foil and use non-stick spray. Make a single layer of the tortellini and bake until golden brown.

That's it! They are like a mini appetizer version of boiled dumplings from a chinese place. I usually have some extra soy sauce on the side for dipping too. I'll let you know if the boys actually eat them, but if they don't I know they won't go to waste:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!