Whistle while you work...

I've been whistling since I was a little more than 2 years old. My dad's side of the family is very musical, and to me this is just one form of being a musician. My dad is a great whistler too, and the strangest part is when we whistle together it sounds exactly alike. It's like one whistle, super strange.

I find myself whistling many times throughout any given day, and it really can help someone feel out my mood. Since many different types of music are part of my life, I whistle anything from country to disco to r&b. I can even remember being at my job in high school and having an old lady tell me to stop whistling because it's not lady-like. I'm pretty sure I said something in return that wasn't lady-like either! :)

Recently I discovered there is an annual whistling competition. I finally got a chance to go on their site today, only to find out that it's in 2 weeks and there is a huge wait list just to enter. So I now have 11.5 months to train for next year's competition. I'm pretty confident in my ability, and hey, what do I have to lose?

Comments

  1. Mark is a crazy whistler. Next time the families are hanging out together, you two will have to have a competition! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!