Pens, Books, and Highlighters...oh my!

I need to know if I'm the only obsessed teacher around. Not even just teachers, anything in a related field. I get a little cooky about my stuff, so today I'm here to not only share my issue/problem, but to make sure it's not just me.

Being a teacher, it's hard to walk that fine line of being a mom and being a teacher. It's hard to mix your 'teaching stuff' in with your own kid stuff, and sometimes honestly, I just don't want to share my stuff. It's clean, it's new, it's mine. And my book collection is still my biggest hang up. The boys love books, and they have a ton. But once in a while they ask for a new book at night, so I get the nerve up to look through my shelves. As I look, I have memories of using many of those books in class or in my own classroom, and I put the books back for my 'someday'. I usually wind up pulling a book for them to read with me, but promptly put it back on my shelf after tucking them in.

If you're a teacher or in a similar field, I think you know how I feel. I also love to shop for school supplies every August, and I always love buying myself new pens and notebooks whenever I have a new project pop up. When reading a post by my fellow Allison today I realized I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Nothing is better than a new notebook and or post-its, or just about anything else in those first few aisles at Staples.

So if it's just me, and you don't get that rush at the end of each summer(a flyer like the one below makes me so happy!), please let me know so I can go seek out some well needed help:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.