Six Years and One Day

Today is my oldest son's birthday. He came in with a bang at almost midnight on the 4th of July, 2003. I was in labor for 17 hours, pushing for almost 4 hours, and he finally decided to grace us with his presence.

Six years and one day ago I was a completely different person than I am today. I was rude, impatient, judgemental, and in a nutshell and complete b!tc#. I don't sugarcoat it, I don't apologize for it. It's the past and can't be changed. But having children brought me the peace I think I was searching for my entire adult life. I am definitely a changed gal. I look back at some of the chaotic days of college and can't believe some of the things I did and said. Thankfully that's a lifetime ago, and those memories are fading. I always try to think of those times each year on this day to remind me of where I've been and where we are headed as a family.

It's so great to have a 4th of July birthday. Sitting on the lake watching the fireworks last night was such an amazing way to celebrate and think of all the wonderful moments throughout the past year. So I just wanted to take a moment to say happy birthday to my big guy, and remember how he and his brother have changed our lives for the better.

Comments

  1. Hi there! I totally agree with what you say about your personality changing after motherhood. I'm almost unrecognisable from the person I was before my little girl was born!!! I've just become a follower of your blog - could you follow mine too? http://mummyslittlemonkey.blogpsot.com
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.