Guilty Pleasures

I was reading some tweets the other day (I'm not the biggest Twitter fan, but I do look sometimes!) and he said something about his guilty pleasure tv show. That got me thinking, what are my guily pleasure tv shows? My husband will be the first to tell you I watch alot of 'stupid crap shows' that get cancelled after 2 or 3 episodes. But I do have a few tried and true ridiculous shows that gals my age would usually be embarrased to tell you they watch. I've decided to share my top 3, which was kind of hard to choose since I watch so many. In no particular order, my favorite guilty pleasure shows are:

1. The City
Yes, we all watched Laguna Beach and then the Hills, but how many continued on to see Whitney do absolutely nothing in NYC? I did for sure. Her new friends were snotty and sucked, her new man was sneaky, and she never even took credit for a job well done. Pretty mundane, yet I always tune in.


2. 16 and Pregnant
A recent find of mine on a boring Sunday afternoon, this show follows one couple each episode throughout pregancy to shortly after birth. The kids sometimes finish high school, sometimes break up, sometimes get a job, sometimes hate being parents, but always keep me tuned in.


3. Is She Really Going Out with Him?
Nice girl from a good family. Dopey, useless boy that catches her eye. This one is definitely hard to watch sometimes, knowing full well she should break up with the 'douche bag'(that's what they call the guys on the show!). Time and time again I hear the line that has been uttered on many 90s talk shows: 'but I LOVE him!'

See a pattern there by any chance? Yes, they are all trashy MTV shows! What can I say, I just can't help my self. Add a little Real World with a touch of Rob & Big and you have yourself the perfect Saturday night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!