One more candle on the cake today.

Why does time seem to go so quickly? It never did when the kids were tiny, the days seemed to be endless. Each year goes just a bit faster than the last. I love to tell the kids to hurry up and get tall so we can ride more coasters, get a little older so we can do more fun family things, but today, when my baby is turning 8, I just want time to come to a complete stand still.

I have such vivid memories of being in the hospital with my sister, patiently waiting for my sweet baby. We ate donuts, watched tv, and laughed all night. Now eight years later, I ran upstairs this morning to be sure to be the first to say Happy Birthday, and his bright eyes made my whole day. He is becoming such a wonderful young man. So kind, polite, and compassionate. I'm proud of all of the strides he has made this year and every year before, and he has changed me in more ways than I ever thought possible.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit sappy today, 8 just seems like a turning point from little to big guy. I'm so thankful for my Alex, and hope he has a wonderful, fun, memorable birthday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!