They shall be(hopefully?) lazy no more!

My kids are lazzzzzy. There's really no way to say that nicely, it's just a fact. They like to sit on the couch, watch tv, and if they could, I'm sure they would ring a bell for me to bring snacks. What am I to do? 

I know it's partially mostly my fault. I've babied them to what seems like a point of no return. We are Italian, and they are mama's boys! I know in hindsight they should have had more responsibility early on, but I must just go forward from here. I should have known what kind of enabler of lazy I would be by looking at my dog. She never learned any tricks, and she's at a point in her life now where we carry her up and down stairs inside and outside, and she is totally spoiled. Oh, maybe that's a better word than lazy? Spoiled?

Well the buck stops here kiddies. Mama is already on top of things using my trusty old pal Pinterest. I'm gathering some great ideas for helping around the house, chores, and something I should have figured out long ago: privileges. Why am I handing them everything? They should be earning the right to watch the show, or play the game. Dur, Mama, make it work for yourself, not them!

What do we think of these ideas? 
A bucket of chores, with the amount of money earned for each one:

A reuseable list for each room of the house, each child gets one room a week to work on:



This last idea I LOVE since my kiddos leave things everywhere they go. Put their goodies in the bucket, and they must do a chore to earn it back:

 

I plan to keep you posted on our chore transformation! With summer right around the corner, I think it's going to be such an important piece to mama keeping her sanity.

Do you have any tips for dealing with lazy(spoiled) kiddos?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!