Our Elf in Review...

So many people have hopped on the Elf on the Shelf bandwagon this year. I was inspired to do it by watching my friend last year. She worked really hard to make some great memories with the elf, and I figured I could do it with no problem this year! Whew, I was so wrong. The Elf(Jack is his name) is a LOT of effort. It's no fun if he just sits on a shelf, so trying to be creative, at night, when exhausted, ain't easy. Not to mention the nights we got all comfy in bed, then realized he hadn't moved yet. Definitely not my favorite silly thing to do with my boys.

BUT, they really loved it. They would come downstairs and search for him the minute they woke up. They would talk about it throughout the day, and tell anyone who would listen about Jack being so mischievous. So I need to remember that it's not about us grownups enjoying it,  it's about making those memories for the kids.

In no particular order, here's our elf in review for 2012. I only added some of our favorites for your viewing pleasure. The last shot is of him in the tree, he wrapped himself to be ready for Santa on Christmas Eve, waiting to go back to the North Pole. I'm sure he'll be making a return for the 2013 holiday season!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!