Memories in my hands are better than in my mind.

This morning I received a box of pictures from Shutterfly. How many you ask? FOUR HUNDRED PICTURES. We don't keep up with the printing of pictures anymore with digital cameras and phones, but when I took my pictures off my old iPhone, I figured it was time to get them printed!

I just looked through them all, and I must tell you. There is something about having pictures in your hands. Flipping through each, turning them to catch all the extras. It's a feeling you just can't capture looking at a screen. And because of my ability to look at each one in this way, a wave of emotions and memories has come over me. It's just 3 years of pictures, that I've seen plenty of times on my 'photo stream', but today, they are so much more. Because of them, I:


Yearn for spring and summer even more.

Miss my mom.

Look forward to baseball season.

Am amazed at how beautiful our yard has become.

Cannot believe how big the kids have gotten in such a short amount of time.

Love my doggie and her cuteness.






Realize I need to be happier with myself and who I am

See a happiness in a child's eyes that seems to be missing these days.

Remember some really fun things we've done as a family.


More days than not lately, I don't feel like a successful mom. But looking at these pictures, these bright, beautiful smiles, I see I've done pretty good over the last few years. I may not be a perfect mom, but if I can continue to make great memories, and take these pictures with them, I'll be happy. 

If you haven't done so lately, I highly recommend spending a few minutes/dollars getting some of your favorite pictures printed out. They will bring you a sense of happiness, and give you moments to talk about for years to come. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.