Do you have dirty mouth?

I do. I will admit it without thinking twice. I, Mama, have a dirty filthy mouth. My dad has a filthy mouth too, so I'm going to give him the blame for my condition. Never have I ever said a foul word in front of him though, even to this day. My mom is very different(aka cooler) so she was able to handle it. Gosh, some things my sister says in front of mom nowadays makes me cringe! But I try to be more reserved about it. Apparently, I'm not reserved enough though, because now it's seeping into my boys' vocabularies!

My older boy hangs out with my dad often, so he gets the blame for the way he uses his colorful words. But my little one, who just turned 7 over the weekend, well he's surprising me with new words every day! Funny how long ago I thought he'd never speak, but now, watch out! Last week he said:

"We were watching YouTube, and the guy said FUCK, but don't worry, I didn't say it!"

Ahh, he's so cute! I, being the terrible mama that I am, covered my head in hysterics. I have a strong giggle reflex, and I couldn't hold back. He said it again, and then later apologized.

Then this morning, after asking where his brother was, he answered me with, "Oh Shit!". Now what am I supposed to do with that? The teacher in me thinks hey, great job! He's using his words in the appropriate setting! But I know I should be parenting right now. I know if I said those things in front of my parents at that age I'd be punished and bubbling at the mouth.

For now though, I'm going to ride it out. I'm also keeping notes and putting them in his memory box. My mom is going to yell at me for that decision, but fuck that, that shit's funny! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!