I never would have thought.

Today, I did something I haven't done in a very long time. It's something I used to do almost every day, for many years. Last year life changed, and so did my schedule. So I no longer do this thing anymore. But today, I did. And I have to say, I don't miss it at all.

It doesn't matter what this thing is. What matters is that I am ok with it no longer being part of my life. Something that was so integral to who I was, or who I thought I was, has no bearing on my life now. I thought I would miss it, I thought I would want to turn back time, when in fact, it's just the opposite. I feel....grown up. I feel like I have moved forward in life, and there's no turning back. That's not to say I might not do something different over the next year or two, but I won't do that original thing again.

This post probably makes no sense to any of you. But it makes sense to me. It makes me realize I am ok with change, something I've always had a hard time with. It makes me realize sometimes you have to move forward in order to move ahead. It makes me realize sometimes looking back won't make you sad...it will make you happy and content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.