Cheap, In-Home Therapy......For All Ages!

There are days around here when I'm just not sure I'm going to make it to the end of the day in one piece. I watch three different clocks and my watch waiting for bedtime. And it's not just because of the kids. Sometimes, I just want to sit in bed, read a book, and be quiet. 

During those in-between hours of the day, the kids fight a bit more, which causes me to stress a bit more. Something I learned a few years ago that (almost) always helps curb the insanity is something I want you all to try. Play Doh. I know it sounds crazy, and I know some of you have Play Doh fears like I do... all the little pieces that fall to the floor then harden in the carpet, or even the mixing of colors.  But I've learned(and I know you can too!) to ignore those little pieces, and just focus on what is right in front of you. 

No matter what color you choose, just take a few minutes to smoosh it, ball it up, or create something adorable. Tell the kids to make something but keep it a surprise....that usually keeps them quiet while working on their mystery project. While those few seconds of quiet surround you, just continue to work with the Play Doh. Clear your mind, and just focus on what you are doing. It may sound silly, but you'll see. Before you know it, a wave of calm comes over you, and whatever is going on in life fades away. 

Even if it's only for a short period of time before/after dinner, it's still a peaceful time in the house. For my boys it can be upwards of an hour of sharing and giggling at their masterpieces. For me, it's time to clear my head, remember what's important in life, and make some pretty neat things.

Oh, and for those of you that really are Play Doh junkies, don't forget to buy your special guy some yummy cologne for Christmas :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!