Eat. Pray. Love.

Nope....not talking about the book. Talking about what I witnessesed tonight. There was plenty of eating: salad, spaghetti, desserts. There was lots of praying: prayers full of hope. Love: so much love. One large room, filled with a community of friends, family, neighbors. So many people with the common goal of helping someone who has touched so many lives.

I have lived in this little town for almost 12 years now, and still have friends in NY that ask why I still live here. Nights like tonight remind me why. The sense of community here is amazing. The outreach of humanity is humbling. The generosity of others is inspiring. All too often we forget our responsibility to help others. Give back when we can. I'd give so much more if I could. If I was ever in need of a lending hand, it's nice to think there are plenty of kind people here that extend a hand without thinking twice.

And the best part....the bestest part to me....is my son. My beautiful 8 year old son. Asking if he could give tonight. If he could give all the allowance he has saved up, to help a woman he truly adores. <3

That, my city friends, is why I still live here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!