BC Day 26: Your dream wedding.

*Sigh*. I have a million things I can but won't say about this topic. I already had a wedding a while back. I did it the way I thought it should be done at the time. It wasn't about the gifts, it wasn't about the food, the music, the crazy sides of each family. It was just about the bride and groom. Understated, easy. Beautiful church, simple dress, quick ceremony. Then it was right to a plane (a missed plane, but that's a story for another day), and a week on the beach. No reception, no hectic planning for everyone else to enjoy our special day.

Fast forward a ton of years, and that wedding is in my past life. I don't regret the way I did it, but I do regret two simple pieces. A dance and a cake. At the time they would have been parts of a celebration that didn't exist, and I had convinced myself I didn't need them. Of all girls, I love cake more than many things in life, and I love to dance, so I'm just not sure how that happened. At this point in time though, it wouldn't matter anyway. Those pictures and cake toppers would be buried in a box far away, and the station would be changed every time the song came on the radio.

I continually say I will not get married again. I still feel I don't need a piece of paper to have a happy life with someone(but a big ring doesn't hurt lol). However, I do find myself daydreaming about a wedding, but I think it's partially because I never truly had one. So, for daydreaming and blogging purposes only, if I had my dream wedding I would:

Fly everyone I love to a beach with us and get married barefoot. In a bohemian white dress with a flower in my curly hair. My boys and my guy in khaki shorts and short sleeved white shirts. My sisters in the color of their choice, but casual dresses. Tiffany blue color throughout. Cannoli cake. A dance floor on the beach, with dancing all night under the stars. A great band, delicious food. Awesome pictures taken throughout the day a must. That is all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!