Feeling Sad? Angry? Depressed? Shake It Like a Polaroid Picture!

My boys are not early birds like me. Most days they wake up on the not-so-nice side of the bed. They grumble through getting dressed and breakfast, and if I'm lucky, by the time we are on the way to school, they lighten up a bit. It makes for a very tense morning for someone who is awake at 5am!

One way I've tried to perk them up for as long as I can remember is to pump up the music. While they are eating breakfast at the counter, I'm in the kitchen grooving like a nutty. Usually they just tell me to stop and shhh.

Then I started doing it in the car too. I'd find the happiest, danciest music I could, and start bopping around. The looks I get when I peek in the rear view mirror are priceless. They want no part in it.

But then, I simply tell them they can't get out of the car until they dance. After some bickering, I get maybe a head bop, or some robot moves. All it takes is those first few moves, and they are hooked. Before you know it there are smiles, and giggles, and my boys are awake and ready for their day.

Maybe more grownups should try dancing their stress out. The game Just Dance is a great help if you're not sure how:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.