Deep Breaths and Baby Steps.

Balance. Something that all moms strive for in life. Work, home, money, kids. Balance. After being a stay at home mom for 7 years, I found a bit of balance. But then I became a single mom with all the same responsibilities, but no job. No balance. Stress. Panic. Deep Breaths.

Months went by and I still felt overwhelmed and stressed. My job situation was less than desirable, and I was barely able to make ends meet. Besides money and home, kids were a huge issue as well. Getting them into a new routine, doing everything myself, and of course dealing with their mental and emotional issues of divorce. Heightened stress. Heightened panic. I was sure I'd never be able to survive the mess.
 
Now it's  months after those months. I have a great job that allows me to be at home. My kids are settling into a routine and have found a new sense of what happiness and family is. I am able to pay the bills, tend to the house, work, and enjoy my boys. Sure, I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but I'm not in panic mode. I'm not stress eating, I'm not sad. I've found an inner peace, that has begun to permeate through the rest of my life.

I will always strive for more, but that's just the kind of gal I am. For now though, I'm content with being able to enjoy life one baby step at a time. The deep breaths have gone from necessary to calm me down, to necessary to take in all the goodness around me.

Comments

  1. Best post, ever. I love it! Yay for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!