So this is what real life is like?


All of my friends went back to work within 2 or 3 months of having a baby. I was fortunate enough to stay home for 6 years! Actually, I could continue to stay home if I chose to, but I think I've lost enough brain cells, and it's time to get back into the swing of things.

But never did I imagine the stressful confusion that would result from me being out of the house for 8 hours a day. I have the same schedule as the kids which helps, but it just seems like there are now less hours in the day. When do you do laundry? How do you prep dinner ahead of time? What if I need that one extra item from the store last minute? When do I catch up on my Facebook?(kidding on the last one!)

I know some moms say it's harder to be a stay-at-home mom, and some say it's harder to balance work and home. Now that I've officially tried both, I can't say being a working mom is 'harder', but I can say it requires a lot more juggling and organization.

So kudos to all of my working mommy friends that have been playing super mom/worker bee/jack of all trades for all of these years. I'll suck it up for the next few months and be a worker bee too, but I'm not sure what I'll choose once summer gets here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.