Me & My Crockpot


It's no secret, I love to bake. I mean, I REALLY love to bake. I dream about new recipes and making amazing things that I know people will be talking about days after they try it. But, I don't love to cook. All the ingredients, recipes, dishes to wash as you go, veggies to cut, all just way too time consuming if you ask me. I used to cook more elaborate meals when the kids were too small to eat with us, but now that they eat 'normal' food and don't enjoy grown up yummies, I have to cook 2 to 3 meals each night. No fun at all.

These days alot of the dishes I make include grilling or baking, but nothing is better than the almighty crock pot. I mastered the use of mine about 5 years ago and couldn't be happier with most of the results I've gotten over the years. Chicken Enchiladas, Stew, Soups, Dips, Roaster Chicken(yes, a whole chicken!), and so much more. It's amazing what little effort is needed for a delicious meal.

I want to share today my all-time favorite crock recipe. As I was making an elaborate meal tonight, cursing in my head about snapping all the beans when I had many better things to do, I thought how easy tonight would have been if I had made my specialty:
Allison's Awesome Pot Roast. Ready? Here goes, anyone can do it!

Ingredients:
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet italian dresing mix
1 bottom round roast

Directions:
1. Spray crock with non-stick
2. Put roast in crock
3. In a bowl mix the 3 dry packets with about 1/2 cup water
4. Pour mixture over roast
5. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours
6. If you can turn the roast every few hours

Tada
! You've just made a delicious, warm winter meal. Serve with a nice veggie and potato. Be sure to have some dinner rolls on hand to dunk in the juices that the roast makes!

Please let me know if you get to try this:)

Comments

  1. I love bake to. meryy chritsmas, nice blog have anice days. http://pangaloan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought I was the only crockpot devotee!!! I love mine. Made beef stew today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

Facebook gets my thumbs up!