4 books in 5 days



Of course working with 5th-8th graders every day, I was intrigued when I noticed almost all of the girls reading Twilight at one point or another. So skeptically I decided it was time to see what all the noise was about.


It started like any other Friday for me, I went to a few stores before picking up my son from school, and hit Borders last and grabbed the first book in the series, Twilight. As I waited in the school parking lot for him to come out, I scanned chapter one and thought to myself, 'eh, take it or leave it, same as any other gooey, girly, junior high book.' But then, then something wonderful happened...Edward Cullen and Bella Swan met. From that point on I could not put the book down. Dishes? Laundry? Dinner? Who cares. I had important reading to do, as if my life depended on it.


And that was the beginning of the end for me. Every free moment I could steal was spent pouring over the book. When it was done I felt a little empty, incomplete. I rushed out to Target and grabbed the rest of the series. That way I wouldn't have a lull in time from one book to the next. I didn't even realize that minutes were turning into hours, and my entire life was put on the sideline, as I feel deep into a world where vampires and wolves lived among humans.


I finished the four book series in 5 days. I'm now reading the partial manuscript for book five on Stephenie Meyer's website. I read on my iPhone in the middle of the night and before the sun comes up. I've read many books in my life, but no series has consumed me the way this one has. I'm almost done with the manuscript and am not sure where my life will be headed afterwards. How will I go on and not read more about the Cullen Family? What will I do instead of the piled laundry?


You're right. I'll just start with book one again and fall in love with the series all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!