Summer doesn't have to be a countdown to school! (never posted!)

**DISCLAIMER!** Sometimes I use the blogging app, and apparently this never posted:( Enjoy anyway, even though it mentions summer, it's still a great thought for every day with our children!


I've been busy really enjoying my summer with the boys home. And I just finished reading my blog book! I've been trying to read a few books a week, but so far have been disappointed with every one I've gotten through. What are you reading right now?

Back to our summer. When the boys were smaller, I have to admit, I was not a hands-on summer mom. I would do the daily routine and duties that were associated with having small people(fed them, took them to the park, play dates), but I never really jumped into the summer with them. A few years ago I learned the importance of being really present with them. Not on the phone, not texting or watching tv, just with them. I've learned to take them fishing, to the beach for the day, hiking, or just play board games with them. I know it sounds fairly simple, but if you have growing children that are 'bored' during the dog days of summer, then you probably realize how difficult it really is.

It might take some work and getting used to, but I promise it's worth the effort to take that time with your children. There are no emergencies around the house: laundry can wait a little longer, dust won't hurt anyone for another few hours. Some day they will all be busy and not want to spend so much time with us, so the time is now.

Try it! Even if you can only do it 1-2 days a week, it will make a difference. And it makes the day go by faster(and with less fighting!). It's all about the memories we make, one of the best gifts we can give them for later in life.


 PLAY. LAUGH. LOVE. FUN!!
                        
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!