Me -n- Google

I noticed the weirdest thing this morning. When I went onto Google to find some information, I found myself automatically typing in "Should I.....". I stopped after the results came up and though 'wth, when did I trust Google so much to ask it's OPINION on matters of life?' Sure, I love Google... we get along well. I am a pretty rad searcher gal, and always find what I need. But this is a way deeper relationship with Google than I planned on having.

Do I not value people's opinions enough so I ask a search engine? Do I just need some affirmation of my own decisions? Am I just that naive? Not really sure. She(yes, my Google is a she) did give me the results I was hoping looking for, but I'm not sure if I trust her. I'm sure she could have given me lots of results on both sides of the fence, but she went with all the positive ones as her top choices. Is Google now in the business of just pleasing me and telling me what I want to hear?

I don't want my bad choice to ask Google her thoughts to effect our relationship. I am going to really try to make a conscious effort to just stick to fact-based searching, and not ask what she thinks. Besides, any time I ask for opinions from others, I don't really take them into account anyway(well except my guy of course). I beat to my own drum, and make my own decisions(I feel a theme in my posts lately?).

So Google, please don't think I'm being rude. I don't want to break up, but I do want to just be fact-friends. I don't like you like you or need you to say what I want to hear. I hope you can respect this, and give me the information I need, not want. :)

Comments

  1. The NTA will release the GPAT 2020 exam notification on their official website. The aspirant must have a bachelor degree in B.Pharm to appear in GPAT 2020 exam. It is a computer based online test. The candidates are advised to go through the complete article for more details regarding GPAT 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!